Job Opening (CLOSED)
To strengthen our Chartering / Operations Department, we are looking for a
OPERATIONS /CHARTERING (M/F)
on a full-time basis for our office in Singapore.
Tasks & Activities:
- Understand and manage day-to-day operational activities of our exclusive MPP/Containership fleet
- Liaise on a daily basis with charterers/shippers, owners, brokers, masters, agents, service providers and other relevant parties to ensure smooth management of the fleet;
- Assume responsibility for requests and enquiries from customers and agents and follow-up same;
- Charterparty management and follow-up
- Assist in commercial chartering activities of our exclusive fleet and initiate, follow-up and conclude chartering negotiations keeping in mind Shipowners interests under supervision of the Commercial Manager
- Ability to negotiate and conclude terms, conditions and clauses of charterparties
- In conjunction with the Commercial Manager and regional offices, identify and develop new business opportunities
- Ensure that a weekly commercial market report is created and submitted to the Management
- Be responsible for the regular marketing of our open vessel positions and ensure distribution lists are kept up to date
- Any ad-hoc tasks as required by the Management
- Completed Training/Apprenticeship in a shipping company or corresponding University degree
- A good general knowledge of the shipping markets
- Experience in chartering and operational activities
- Flexible, pro-active and responsible manner of working
- Languages: English and preferably German written & verbally
The position will be open as from April/May 2014.
To apply or for further information pls send a mail to Lennart@Hartmann-Shipping.com or call +65 6311 9602.